Global Content, Egmont Publishing
Global Content (Comics) is part of the Global Licensing team in Egmont Publishing, and is dedicated to producing high-quality children’s comics. We have the licenses for major global brands, including Disney, and create content centrally that can be localized for sale in our many territories.
GC operates out of four locations - Copenhagen, London, Barcelona, and Warsaw. This role will be based in Copenhagen.
We are looking for a new full-time story editor, who is also strong at project management.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Compilation of the Disney weekly magazine and overseeing that pocket books are compiled and registered according to request and made available to QA for check prior to upload to publishers.
- Commissioning of editorial pages for the Disney weekly magazine and check prior to upload for approval.
- Commissioning of new stories according to publication plans and Disney’s guidelines.
- Following the workflow of story creation from creating codes, approving synopses, sending feedback to freelancers, editing, checking before approval – all in accordance with guidelines, global standards, budget, and publication plans.
- Updating schedules and inform internally and externally.
You will be expected to implement efficient working practices with clear success measures. In addition, you will politely, collaboratively, and consistently demand similar from freelancers and publishers where appropriate.
- First class communication skills:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You understand how to navigate in a multi-national and multi–cultural company, i.e. you are good at collaborating with remote colleagues/office
- You have experience of editing creative and entertaining stories, particularly for children
- You have an excellent eye for detail
- You are a skilled user of Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop would be an asset
- You’re familiar with data asset management systems
- You’re a team player, who simply and effectively communicates current status and comes up with recommended actions
- You are structured and thrive on executing projects to challenging deadlines
- You may know the Disney universe of Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse
The position is available as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact editor in chief Lone Jochumsen, e-mail email@example.com or phone +4529659519.
Application deadline is 22 February 2018. Job interviews will be conducted continually. Please submit your application using below link to be considered for the position.